Digital X-Ray Technology
X-rays are a crucial part of great dental care allowing our team to take a much closer look at what’s going on beneath your smile. Here in Corpus Christi, Dr. John Thompson has invested in digital radiography so this process is smoother, faster, and safer for patients of all ages. Contact our team today if you have any questions or concerns we can help you with, or if you’re ready to schedule your first appointment! We also welcome new faces from the areas of Orange Grove, Robstown, Alice, Sinton, and beyond.
Digital X-rays offer patients several valuable benefits, especially when compared with traditional film. These include:
- You won’t have to wait for darkroom development with digital X-rays – instead, the images of your smile are transferred instantly to our chairside monitor for viewing.
- Are you having trouble understanding what you’re looking at? Our team can magnify the image, rotate it, and even provide color-coding to help patients see where the problems are and what our team can do about them.
- Digital X-rays don’t require any film or any hazardous chemicals to produce, which means they’re much better for the environment. We don’t even need bulky filing cabinets to accommodate them!
- Does your other doctor or your insurance company need a copy of your X-rays? No problem – we can send them electronically for your convenience and to ensure faster results.
- Radiation exposure was a real concern with traditional X-rays. While it’s still necessary today, we’re happy to let you know that the amount has been reduced by up to 90% for a safer experience overall.